ReStore Donation Pickup
Donate $$ Now
Habitat Online Store
The Habitat for Humanity of Ouachita Home Repair Program helps homeowners alleviate health and safety issues in and around their home. Homeowners pay for these repair services through an affordable repayment plan. If you feel you meet the following qualifications and would like to apply for the Habitat for Humanity of Ouachita Home Repair Program, contact our office at 318-323-8003 or click here to download a PDF of the application.
• Applicant(s) must own a property within the HfHO service area.
• The property must be owner-occupied and the primary residence of all owners on title.
• Homeowner(s) must either be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Legal Resident.
• Eligible properties are Single Family Residences (SFR) including, condominiums or townhomes, NOT Multi-family dwellings (apartment buildings, duplexes, tri-plexes, etc.), homes used as rental units, boats and recreational vehicles (RV’s) are not eligible.
• The property must not include any unpermitted or illegal additions.
• Homeowner(s) must be current with the following:
Mortgage loan payment (if homeowner is still making payments)
Homeowner’s insurance policy
• The property must demonstrate a need for repair.
• Every participant agrees to pay some part of the total cost. When necessary we can provide a short term no interest payment plan.
Homeowner submits an application and copies of all supporting documents.
HfHO reviews applications for completeness and eligibility.
HfHO will visit site and determine scope of work.
A property assessment allows HfHO to determine if it can or cannot perform repairs. A property assessment does not guarantee approval.
Based on program funding and property assessment results, applications are reviewed for program approval.
Approved homeowners review scope of work and sign program agreements with HfHO staff.
Home repair projects are scheduled based on funding and program calendar availability.
Habitat for Humanity of Ouachita is a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a nonprofit Christian housing organization. Habitat for Humanity works in partnership with people in need to build decent, affordable housing. These houses then are sold to those in need at no profit and financed with affordable mortgages. Mortgage payments support the program so more Habitat homes can be built. Volunteers provide most of the labor, and individual & corporate donors provide money and materials to build Habitat homes. Partner families themselves invest hundreds of hours of labor - "sweat equity" - into building their homes and the homes of others. The four things needed to build a Habitat home are 1) partner families, 2) volunteers, 3) a place to build, and 4) project funding. Project funding is our biggest need. We invite you to join us as we work in partnership with God's people in need, helping them to secure decent, affordable shelter.
Near the end of 2007, several ULM technical writing students administered a survey to a sample of our Habitat partner families as a Service-Learning Project. Fifty percent of those surveyed indicated an increase in voting, volunteerism, and involvement with church related activities. Seventy five percent indicated an increase of involvement with the school. One hundred percent indicated they feel safer. The positive changes in the Habitat home residents' everyday life include: spending more time with their family, feeling safer in their new neighborhood, knowing their children can play safely outdoors, and having lower utility payments.
A good deal for you, your community and the environment.
The donation hotline is 318-737-1112.
Store Hours are 8:30 am - 3:00 pm Thursday and Friday, 8:00 am - 1:00 Saturday
Events & Meetings
|Sat Dec 24—||Christmas Eve|
|Sun Dec 25—||Christmas Day|
|Mon Dec 26—||Christmas Day observed|
|Sat Dec 31—||New Year's Eve|